What exactly do we collect and why?
You and your child’s individual information, whether derived from the watch or mobile app, will not be sold, exchanged, or transferred for any reason.
Information is collected for the sole purpose of helping your child with activities and youth programming.
The data collected from the watch and app allows us to improve the accuracy of our platform as well as helps programming partners with insights via non-individualized summaries so they can continue to improve on their offerings.
We collect data from the watch that includes:
- Steps, points, accelerometry (the measure of acceleration), heart rate, time utilization, and units of energy expenditure (kCal).
- This information is used to improve and maintain our gamification platform NP Points with insights, activities, points, and other features of the platform.
- This is also used to help our programing partners (via summaries) improve their activity offerings.
We collect data from the app that includes:
- Information entered such as height, weight, gender, and age
- This is used to accurately define activities, points, rewards, and other relevant offerings.
- This is also used for insights into activity with our programing partners (via summaries).
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, or phone number.
- We also collect information from the app when you fill out forms and surveys.
- Survey questions help us more accurately understand how to motivate youth and improve our platform.
- With your consent, we may share anonymous / non-individualized responses with our partners.
- With your consent, we may share certain information if needed for the express purpose of delivering product or services.
We do not collect any PHI (Personal Health Information).
How do we protect your information?
All data, data transfers, and passwords are encrypted. Our process exceeds GDPR / CCPA / COPPA compliance requirements in order to maintain the strictest standards for privacy.
How do we share summary information with programming partners?
No individual information is EVER shared.
We may share utilization, activity, and other ANONYMOUS SUMMARY information with our partners (GENYOUth, schools, and programing partners). When doing so, the information is decoupled from the individual and shared in averages and summary formats.
Consent is required for the collection and use of any information. You can modify / revoke your consent at any time under settings in the mobile app.
We will not collect more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in program.
You can review your child’s data collected, direct us to delete it, and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s information. To do this please send an email to nik(at)nowperformance.com with your request.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. All information disclosed to outside parties is described above in the section titled “How do we share summary information with programming partners.”
Because we do not track our users over time and across third-party websites, we do not respond to browser do-not-track signals.
Right to opt-out
We DO NOT sell your individual data. Period. Therefore, we do not have a opt out function with respect to your individual data. You may opt out of participation with NP points at any time.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. These sites have been reviewed by us and screened prior to placement, but we do not maintain control of them. Therefore, we have no responsibility or liability for the activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Parent / Guardian APP note
All mobile APP downloads must be done by a parent or guardian of the youth wearing the watch.